Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 15, 2011

Salsa Chicken

Blog # 25

I got this idea for Salsa Chicken from Pinterest.  There were 2 different recipes with pictures and they looked so tasty.  Both were crock pot recipes.  I didn't have the right ingredients to make either one of them and I didn't have time to put it in the crock pot.  So I made my own; a mix of the two different recipes and added a little of my flavor to it.  It worked out great.  I think next time I make it, I'll add some black beans or pinto beans , some Rotel tomatoes or diced tomatoes and some bell peppers for color.  I would make some Spanish rice to go with it.  And I would warm up some taco size tortillas and cut them into quarters; perfect size for dipping into the sauce.

INGREDIENTS

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
2 tbsp. EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
1 (15 oz.) can of corn
1 cup of salsa; whatever is cheapest or your favorite, whether it's store bought or homemade
1 (10 oz.) can Cream of Chicken
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream
1 packet of taco seasoning
salt
pepper
Montreal chicken seasoning

DIRECTIONS

1.  In a big skillet, add EVOO.
2.  Season chicken strips with salt, pepper, & Montreal chicken seasoning.
3.  Brown chicken.
4.  Add water to chicken and cover.
5.  Mix together cream of chicken, salsa, sour cream, & taco seasoning.
6.  Add mix to chicken and cover. Cook on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes.
7.  Add corn & whatever you would like (beans, bell peppers, tomatoes)
8.  Cook until food is heated through.
9.  Serve with rice and/or tortillas.


No comments:

Post a Comment