Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Pumpkin Bread

Blog #15

So over Christmas break, I drove up to LA for the day to go see Papa (my Grandpa).  Along with me, I brought some treats.  In the treat tub, there were cookies, candies, and of course bread.  I had made pumpkin bread and apple cake.  The pumpkin bread was made from a box.  It came out good but I felt like it was missing something.  Anyhow.  Papa ate up the pumpkin bread saying that it was one of his favorite things to eat. So I told him that I'd make some soon and send it to him with some banana bread.  After almost two months, I'm finally doing it. 

I got this recipe off of http://www.allrecipes.com/ and changed the recipe a little bit because I didn't have one of the ingredients and wasn't going to the store again. I absolutely loved it.  I think I've had almost a loaf to myself. 


INGREDIENTS

1 15 oz. can (or 2 cups) of easy pumpkin pie mix (recipe called for pumpkin puree)
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil (I used canola....it's all I had)
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

DIRECTIONS

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease and flour 3 loaf pans.
2.  In a large bowl, mix pumpkin pie mix, eggs, oil, water, and sugar.  In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground ginger.  Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Separate and pour into loaf pans.
3.  Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment