Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pot Roast (Crockpot Recipe)

Blog #13

I got this recipe from my BFF - Cheryl James.  Then of course, I added some ingredients to it.  I don't know anyone in my family that can follow a recipe as it is.  Something always needs to be added - butter, another egg, cinnamon, vanilla, some kind of spice or vegetables....ALWAYS SOMETHING!  In fact, some of my family members and myself were just talking about this last weekend.  And yes, we admit it and own up to it.

It's such an easy crock pot recipe.  And it's so full of flavor and so tender.  My kids gobble it up like it's the best thing since the invention of candy.  We never have any leftovers even though it would be great to have some for a sandwich the next day.  I really don't know if that will ever happen, but one can be hopeful!

So here it is.

INGREDIENTS

2 lbs. beef round roast
1/2 cup of red wine (any kind will work)
2 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup mix (any variation of it; the onion & mushroom one works too)
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 half of a medium sweet onion, sliced
1 6-8 oz. pack of sliced mushrooms


DIRECTIONS

1.  Get all ingredients except the roast and place inside crock pot.  Stir.
2.  Place beef inside crock pot.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
3.  When ready, slice.  Top with mushrooms and onions and some gravy.
4.  Goes great with roasted potatoes (recipe is on my blog as well).

No comments:

Post a Comment