Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Stuffed Chicken Rolls

This recipe I've had for years and both my husband and I enjoy it. The kids eat everything except the stuffing.  It's super easy to make and takes like no time at all.  I like to think of it as another way to have a traditional chicken without it being so traditional.  I like to make some mash potatoes and gravy for the side and either some green beans or corn. Both veggies that my kids will eat.

I got this recipe off of the Stove Top Stuffing box about 5 years ago.  And is one of the two that I clipped from the box to save. *Wonder if the other recipe will make it to the blog.* The hardest thing about the recipe is pounding the chicken down but it is great when you are stressed or pissed off. Let some of that aggression out!  The chicken is already dead so you're not going to hurt it.  I like to put the chicken breasts into a ziploc bag and pound it so the juices and little chicken pieces don't go flying all over my kitchen. Then you can discard the ziploc bag into the trash. Less clean up for everyone.

I've added 2 pictures below for you to see what it looks like whole and cut in half.


INGREDIENTS

1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix (they say for chicken but I have used others and it still tastes great)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 lbs.), pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. paprika

DIRECTIONS

1. Combine stuffing mix and 1 cup of water in large bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Stir in eggs. Spread stuffing mixture evenly over chicken breasts, to within 1/2-inch of outer edges. Roll up chicken from one short end to enclose stuffing mixture.
2.  Place chicken rolls, seam sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix soup and milk; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment