Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

BBQ Spare Ribs

Blog #12

It's been almost a week since I've blogged.  I feel like I should be doing it more but need to find time in my schedule for it.  When I originally started  this blog, I thought one recipe a day shouldn't be hard.  Boy was I wrong.  Between 3 kids, me being a single parent (at the moment), FRG, and trying to stay on top of daily housework, a girl gets busy and gets lost in mass ciaos.  So my revised plan is to get on here at least 2 times a week.  I know that some of you are anxious to see what I will put on here next.  So I thought that this rib recipe would be perfect since I put it on Facebook and got so many comments on it. This was my first time making ribs like this.  I usually use my Grandma Margaret's recipe but I was out of the super secret BBQ sauce.  So I looked up a BBQ sauce recipe, tried it out, didn't like it, revised it, and loved it.  I think from now on, this is how I will be making my ribs.

INGREDIENTS

1 Rack of spare ribs or baby back ribs
Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to season
*You can use your favorite dry rub if you wish! Adds flavor to the beef dripping. 

Sauce
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less)
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 half medium sweet onion, diced or 1 tbsp onion powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard
2 cloves of minced garlic or 1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar
3/4 cup of ribs drippings or 1/2 cup of beef broth

DIRECTIONS

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place ribs in a shallow pan or baking sheet.  Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.  Rub all of ribs, front and back.  Cover and cook for 1 hour. Once ribs are done in the oven, save dripping for BBQ sauce.
2.  In a medium sauce pan, combine all ingredients for BBQ sauce.  Mix well.  Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens (about 30-45 mins).
3.  Once sauce is ready, turn on BBQ grill to low heat.  Place rib rack onto heated grill.  Using a sauce brush, brush BBQ sauce onto ribs, turning every 15 minutes and brushing on more sauce or until nicely browned and glazed.  Cook on grill for 1 hour.  (Should turn ribs and brush sauce on each side twice)
4.  Slice and serve with some mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. 


No comments:

Post a Comment