Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fresh Squeezed Lemonade

Blog #3

I'm sure some if not most of you already make lemonade, but there are a few that would love to make some delicious thirst quenching lemonade.  I have been using this recipe for years and this one is all my own.  Sure, it is the same simple ingredients and I'm sure one of you makes it the exact way I do.  And if you do, then you know we make some good lemonade. ;) It's a little tart and not too sweet. It's the perfect mix of sweet and sour.   This recipe will give you 1 gallon size pitcher full so make sure you have it available.  I wanted to give a shout out to my friend Christina Schoenhofen for giving me these huge lemons that she got from her friends Molly and Phil Lovell. So when life gives you lemons, make some of Cheryl's lemonade!!!!!

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups of freshly squeezed lemon juice (around 10-15 small lemons)
1-2 cups of sugar
water to fill the rest of the 1 gallon size pitcher

DIRECTIONS:

1.  Take your 2 cups of lemon juice and pour into 1 gallon size pitcher.  Fill the pitcher with water til 1 inch from the top.  You don't want it to overflow once you put the sugar in.

2.  Take a cup of sugar or sugar substitute (I don't use it.) and pour into pitcher.  Mix well and taste.  If it's too sour for you then add more sugar in 1/4 cup increments until it reaches your liking.  (I'm sure you will end up with 2 cups of sugar in the pitcher.) 

3.  Now get yourself a glass.  Put some ice in there.  Fill to the top with your lemonade.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I haven't made lemonade with fresh lemons in a while! Thanks for the inspiration to make some again!

    ReplyDelete